Do you enjoy managing a crew with hands-on repairs? Are you good at organizing information and like working in a manufacturing environment? Do you enjoy using your skills and learning new ones and helping a team reach its goals?
If you said yes, then our Maintenance Manager role at The Town Dock might be right for you!
Our Maintenance team is responsible for carrying out the repairs, projects, documentation, and preventative maintenance on all of the physical assets of the Town Dock. We are looking to hire a person to help manage a team that is responsible for our Narragansett & Johnston facilities. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Operations and works with a team of maintenance technicians and ice plant operators. This individual is responsible for the management of the maintenance and ice plant crew and their duties carrying out the repairs, projects, documentation, and preventative maintenance on all Town Dock physical assets.
This position works out of the Narragansett and Johnston facilities.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Actively manages the internal crew(s) to ensure the work of repair, construction projects, and preventative maintenance (PM) is accomplished in a safe, timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Performance management of the staff including setting goals, expectations and writing performance reviews.
- Fosters continuous learning and training of employees to allow for growth and development
- Works with HR on personnel issues as needed.
- Plans out and organizes work, balancing company needs, urgency of work, budget, expertise and schedules.
- Performs work with the internal crews on diagnosis, repairs, projects, preventative maintenance as needed.
- Oversees the work of internal crew and onsite vendors for quality and safety. Ensures compliance with OSHA and Food Safety Standards.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the refrigeration systems, forklifts, pallet jacks and manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains buildings and grounds.
- Oversees ice inventory and delivery schedule, providing quality customer service.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance and work order systems within the Computerized Maintenance Management Program (CMMS).
- Utilizes CMMS to plan and document the work for the maintenance department.
- Provides CMMS data and information to management in order to make collaborative decisions regarding company assets, project management, capital expenditures and cost analysis.
- Tracks and monitors parts, inventory, expenses, purchase orders, invoice approvals, and manages the department’s budget.
- Establishes and implements maintenance procedures.
- Provides recommendations on repair/replace of assets, aligning with company initiatives and goals.
- Collaborates with department managers to provide quality, timely service across all departments.
- Works closely with Safety and Security Manager to ensure planning and follow through on any outstanding issues, and assist with maintenance of companywide safety culture.
- Responsible for multiple locations and ensuring efficient management of resources and manpower across all locations.
- Ensures the maintenance of a clean and organized shop with adequate stock of parts and tools.
- Fosters open door environment with team to ensure best business practice and safety.
- Collaborates with Director of Fleet Operations to ensure vessel maintenance and preventative maintenance is completed and documented in conjunction with Fleet Shoreside team.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Associates degree or vocational degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance role.
- Ability to prioritize and understand the urgency to ensure minimal downtime of equipment.
- Previous management experience; demonstrated ability leading a team and projects.
- Solid understanding of technical features of manufacturing equipment and electrical systems; pumps, motors, gearboxes, pallet jacks, fork trucks, scissor lifts.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Willingness to increase knowledge in areas applicable to the maintenance dept.
- Demonstrated ability and previous experience instituting and working with a CMMS.
- Computer skills within Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity in understanding blueprints and schematics.
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Ability/skill to operate a forklift, pallet jack and scissor lift.
- Driver’s license required.
- OSHA training or the willingness to be trained.
- Capable of working productively while unsupervised.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to be flexible with changing and competing priorities.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and weekends as needed; manage and be part of an on-call rotation.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Physical ability to lift 60 lbs., work in confined conditions, work at heights up to 30’ in lifts, climb stairs and ladders, bend, stand on feet for long periods, use hand-held and power tools.
- Physical demands including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and shoveling.
- A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, teamwork, accountability and ethical behavior.
A typical schedule will be Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm with weekend and on call rotation.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive salary, opportunity for overtime, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.
The Town Dock is an equal opportunity employer.