Are you a supervisor who is highly involved in the day-to-day activities and decisions of your team? Do you look forward to a new challenge each day? Do you have strong attention to detail? Do you enjoy using your skills and learning new ones and helping a team reach its goals?
If you said yes, then our Logistics Supervisor role at The Town Dock might be right for you!
For over 40 years, The Town Dock has focused on offering both the highest quality wild-caught calamari and the very best service. A market leader in foodservice calamari with a growing retail presence, we are located on the docks in Point Judith, Rhode Island.
The Town Dock is a family-owned company who focuses on our core values, including doing the right thing every day. We are one of Rhode Island’s Best Places to Work, receiving awards in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022! We’ve also received PBN awards for Fastest Growing Private Company, Lean Management, and Overall Excellence.
Our team is growing again, and we are looking to add a Logistics Supervisor to our Supply Chain team.
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and execution of the domestic movement, distribution, and finished goods. Provides administrative tasks, data coordination, and customer and vendor service related to the frozen and fresh seafood supply chains.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Plans, organizes, manages, and executes the daily activities of the domestic logistics team
- Conducts performance management of the domestic logistics team, including setting goals, expectations, providing coaching and feedback, and writing reviews
- Onboards and conducts employee training for development and topics related to domestic logistics
- Maintains appropriate and accurate information, reports, and compliance documentation
- Plans and schedules the daily truck routes
- Oversees accurate loading and unloading of trucks & deliveries
- Responsible for all internal and third-party logistics (3PL) and transportation activities including product movement between locations and outbound shipments to domestic markets
- Manages company drivers, equipment leases, vendor management contract negotiations, and carrier relationships
- Reviews DOT paperwork and ensures accurate and timely documentation
- Ensures all OSHA, federal, and state laws, regulations, permits are being followed
- Manages transportation expense accounts and domestic logistics budget
- Develops and reports on department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Collaborates with Sales team on projections and strategic planning
- Communicates with the International Logistics team to coordinate and track in and outbound shipments
- Effectively uses the internal ERP system, Logistics SharePoint page, and others as needed
- Collects, analyzes, manages, and reports on quantitative data and leads team in strategic planning
- Provides current industry feedback and strategy to Director of Supply Chain
- Covers and assists the International Logistics team as needed
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in logistics, supply chain, or inventory management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in domestic logistics
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn ERP system
- Strong demonstrated math and analytical skills and experience
- Self-starter with organized and detailed work habits and excellent time management skills
- Management experience (3+ years) and the ability to coach team members on policies and procedures
- Ability to work well under rapidly changing and demanding time constraints
- Ability to independently solve problems and work cross-culturally
- Driven to work collaboratively and strategically
- Proactive and preventative mindset
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to be certified to operate forklifts and pallet jacks and become certified to train others a plus
- Expected to travel to and work from the Narragansett facility with travel to the Johnston facility and other domestic vendor locations as needed
- Excellent professional communication skills
- A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, teamwork, accountability, and ethical behavior
Normal working hours/days. Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm in our Narragansett Facility.
Compensation dependent upon skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive hourly pay, opportunity for overtime, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.
The Town Dock is an equal opportunity employer.