Do you look forward to a new challenge each day? Are you good at diagnosing and repairing equipment? Do you enjoy using your skills and learning new ones and helping a team reach its goals?
If you said yes, then our Maintenance Technician role at The Town Dock might be right for you!
We are looking to add a Maintenance Technician to our Maintenance team. Together, the team is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Town Dock’s buildings, grounds, equipment, vehicles, and boats to ensure continuous productivity within the business.
In this role, this individual reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and is responsible for diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining both facilities, as well as the equipment. This position works primarily out of our Narragansett facility, and is expected to travel to the Johnston location as needed.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain facilities in Narragansett and Johnston, as well as the equipment.
- Pallet jack and forklift maintenance.
- Plant wide preventative maintenance as assigned.
- Snow removal.
- Assist with the repair and maintenance of boats when necessary.
- Complete assigned work orders within timely manner. Work orders may include mechanical work, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, welding and minor electrical.
- Enter work orders into CMMS Program on a daily basis.
- Work in both Johnston and Narragansett facilities depending on workload and as directed by supervisor
- Work with other maintenance staff on assigned projects.
- Travel to pick up parts/equipment as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of the maintenance shop and work areas on the job
- Maintain DOT, HACCP, OSHA and Food Safety regulations throughout maintenance responsibilities.
- Special projects as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- This position is required to answer cell phone 24/7. Call-backs and/or extended hours are required when needed.
Ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Driver’s license required.
- Ability/skill to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- Basic understanding of pumps, motors, gearboxes, pallet jacks, fork trucks, electrical, and construction.
- Ability to weld and fabricate.
- Carpentry/electrical skills.
- Willingness to grow knowledge base in areas such as refrigeration and forklift repair.
- Lockout/Tagout Training or the willingness to be trained.
- Capable of working productively while unsupervised.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities.
- Ability to work extended hours, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Physical ability to lift 60 lbs., work in confined conditions, work at heights up to 30’ in lifts, climb stairs and ladders, bend, stand on feet for long periods, use hand-held and power tools.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Computer skills to enter work orders into maintenance software system
- A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, teamwork, accountability, and ethical behavior.
Compensation dependent upon skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive hourly pay, opportunity for overtime, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.
The Town Dock is an equal opportunity employer.