Do you look forward to a helping a team meet its goal? Do you find working hard and having fun rewarding?
If you said yes, then our Operations Associate role at The Town Dock might be right for you!
Our team is growing and we are looking to add an Operations Associate to our Operations team.
In this role, this individual reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for assisting the Operations team with all aspects of the daily physical work of the Back Dock and Production. We have open positions at both our Narragansett & Johnston Facilities.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
- Sorting fish
- Unloading boats
- Preparing orders
- Loading/unloading trucks
- Cleaning/Sanitizing Equipment
- Assembly line support work
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Basic knowledge of species of fish or ability to learn.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining accuracy.
- Physically capable of performing manual work including lifting, bending, walking, shoveling, and standing for long periods of time.
- Physical ability to lift 75 pounds consistently.
- Ability and skills to operate machinery once trained and certified.
- Skills and ability to operate forklift and pallet jack safely and effectively.
- Ability to work in fluctuating conditions – heat, cold, wind.
- Organized and careful work habits.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as schedule necessitates.
- Basic written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work well in a diverse multi-lingual environment.
- Must be able to display a positive and helpful attitude with peers, as well as vendors.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, teamwork, accountability, and ethical behavior.
Compensation dependent upon skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive hourly pay, opportunity for overtime, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.
The Town Dock is an equal opportunity employer.