Would you like to have a voice regarding people and culture in a growing company? Do you enjoy leading initiatives, while rolling up your sleeves?
If you said yes, then our HR Manager role at The Town Dock might be right for you!
For 40 years, The Town Dock has focused on offering both the highest quality wild-caught calamari and the very best service. A market leader in foodservice calamari with a growing retail presence, we are located on the docks in Point Judith, Rhode Island.
The Town Dock is a family-owned company who focuses on our core values, including doing the right thing every day. We are one of Rhode Island’s Best Places to Work, receiving awards in both 2018 and 2019! We’ve also received PBN awards for Fastest Growing Private Company, Lean Management, and Overall Excellence.
We are looking to add an HR Manager to our Human Resources team. Together, the team manages the full scope of HR duties - personnel issues, benefits, onboarding, compensation/payroll, organizational development, management coaching, training, safety, and more.
In this role, this individual is responsible for executing and managing day to day activities within the department, while working on larger scale company initiatives simultaneously, once up to speed. This position works mainly out of our Narragansett facility and reports to the Director of HR.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department
- Provides support, coaching and guidance for the staff within the HR Department
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning
- Manages and executes on the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants for wide range of positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Stays current on trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Develops programs to enhance employee relations and offer employee support to each staff member
- Ensures that the new hire orientation and onboarding process properly introduces new employees to the corporate culture
- Measures employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction
- Creates/maintains learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees; conducts HR trainings as needed
- Acts as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations
- Oversees and provides execution of any of the HR work as needed, including:
- Creating and revising job descriptions, and maintains current effective process for updating
- Reviewing policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Payroll administration
- Benefits administration
- Workers compensation, unemployment, employment verifications
- Conducting new employee orientations
- Conducting employee disciplinary meetings, exit interviews, terminations and investigations
- Working directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters
- Working with Safety Manager to ensure compliance and cooperation for best practices
- Maintaining and updating the company’s performance review process
- Creating and maintaining learning management system
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and minimum of 5 years of human resource experience
- 3+ years of experience in a human resources supervisory position
- Extensive knowledge of laws pertaining to employment and human resources
- Vast experience and application of knowledge in many facets of HR
- Ability to lead and motivate others, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and positive culture
- Strong self-awareness and high emotional intelligence
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills; written and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective computer skills and ability in MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with ADP, specifically Workforce Now program preferred
- A strong belief and commitment to continuous learning and improvement, positive attitude, accountability, teamwork, and ethical behavior
Compensation depends on skill and experience.
This is a full-time opportunity with competitive pay, plus benefits -- Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, Vision, FSA, 401K with company match and PTO and Sick time.