Recipe: Calamari Caesar Salad
It's Calamari Caesar Salad time! Salads are an excellent way to eat nutrient-dense foods. However, finding the perfect recipe can take time and effort. This salad is perfectly flavored, deliciously satisfying, and doesn't disappoint!An essential ingredient to making Calamari Caesar Salad is substituting traditional croutons for breaded calamari croutons. Calamari croutons elevate this salad to a beautiful combination of flavorful goodness. In addition, breaded calamari croutons are effortless to make and will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
All you have to do is cut calamari steaks into cubes, mix the calamari cubes with olive oil, add breading and seasonings, then deep-fry them until each cube is crispy. Adding a handful of these calamari croutons on top of your salad will make it taste better than ever and add a punch of protein.
You don't have to use bottled Caesar dressing because our homemade dressing recipe is easy to put together. The key to a good Caesar salad is a creamy dressing. This dressing is lighter than some of the high-calorie versions.
This salad will brighten your table on a cold winter night and become one of those dishes the whole family will enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
Ready in: 19 minutes
● 3 tbsp. finely grated Parmesan cheese
● 5 anchovy fillets, drained
● 1 garlic clove
● 2 large egg yolks
● 1 lemon, juiced
● 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
● 1/2 cup vegetable oil
● 2 tsp. olive oil
● 1 lb. The Town Dock Calamari Steaks, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
● 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 3 romaine lettuce hearts, cut into 2-inch pieces
● 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
● 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
1. For dressing: Place Parmesan, anchovies, garlic, egg yolks, lemon and mustard in a food processor and puree, scraping down the sides, as needed, until smooth, about 30 seconds. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in oil until fully combined and thick, about 1 minute. Set aside.
2. For salad: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Calamari Steaks, Italian seasoning and garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fully cooked, about 2 to 4 minutes.
3. Combine dressing and lettuce in a large bowl and toss to coat. Top with Calamari Steaks, Parmesan and bread crumbs. Serve and enjoy.