Recipe: Calamari Steak Burger
4 The Town Dock Calamari Steaks, thawed
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed
• 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil, divided
• 1/2 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tsp. capers, chopped
• 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
• 4 brioche burger buns
• 4 leaves Boston bibb lettuce
• 1 red onion, sliced thin into rounds
• 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into rounds
• 1 avocado, peeled, seeded, sliced thin
- Combine olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, garlic, 1 tablespoon basil, salt and pepper in a large zipper-lock bag. Add Calamari Steaks and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, remaining basil, capers and Dijon in small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and oil grates. Grill Calamari Steaks until golden-brown, 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Spread tartar sauce on each brioche bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, Calamari Steak, avocado, onion and more sauce. Serve and enjoy!