Mediterranean Lemon Grilled Calamari Steaks
Looking for a delicious and easy seafood recipe? Look no further than lemon grilled calamari steak with Mediterranean salsa!
This dish is packed with flavor, and it's perfect for a light and healthy meal. Lemon grilled calamari steak with Mediterranean salsa is perfect for a light and healthy meal. The flavors of the lemon and the Mediterranean spices are perfectly balanced, and the grilled calamari is cooked to perfection. This quick and easy recipe is sure to become a new favorite!
The first step is to marinate the calamari. In a large zip bag, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the calamari to the bag and seal it tightly. Marinate the calamari for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight. Once the calamari is marinated, heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the grates with olive oil to prevent the calamari from sticking. Grill the calamari for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through. While the calamari is grilling, make the Mediterranean salsa. In a medium bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, onion, capers, parsley, and oregano. Add the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. To serve, place the grilled calamari on a serving platter and top with the Mediterranean salsa. This recipe is so easy to make, and it's sure to become a new favorite. So gather your ingredients and give it a try today.
Read the full calamari recipe below the photo. Use the button at the bottom to download a print-ready PDF to save for later.
Need to find calamari steaks in a grocery store near you? Check out our Calamari Finder to search by zip code.
Foodservice or retail professional interested in learning more about our calamari steaks for your distribution center, restaurant, or grocery store? Get in touch with our professional Sales team here.
Lemon Grilled Calamari Steak with Mediterranean Salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 4 The Town Dock Calamari Steaks, thawed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing grates
- 1 lemon, juiced, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, crushed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, half the lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large zipper-lock bag. Add calamari, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and oil grates. Grill calamari until golden-brown, 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine cherry tomatoes, feta, olives, onion and capers in medium bowl. Add remaining olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and oregano, and toss to coat. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Serve with calamari and enjoy.