Mediterranean Lemon Grilled Calamari Steaks
Our calamari steaks make for excellent sandwiches, wraps, and salads - but they're also excellent eaten as a steak! This recipe for lemon grilled calamari steaks really lets the tender calamari steaks shine. As a good source of protein and low in fat, plus the grill which doesn't add excessive fats and oils, these calamari steaks are a healthy way to add omega-3 fatty acids to your diet. Add in a salsa with the healthful mediterranean diet ingredients, and you have a light and tasty summer meal.
Read the calamari recipe below the photo. Use the button at the bottom to download a print-ready PDF to save for later!
Need to find calamari steaks in a grocery store near you? Check out our Calamari Finder to search by zip code.
Foodservice or retail professional interested in learning more about our calamari steaks for your distribution center, restaurant, or grocery store? Get in touch with our professional Sales team here.
Lemon Grilled Calamari Steak with Mediterranean Salsa
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 4 The Town Dock Calamari Steaks, thawed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing grates
- 1 lemon, juiced, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, crushed
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Combine 1/3 cup olive oil, half the lemon juice, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large zipper-lock bag. Add calamari, and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and oil grates. Grill calamari until golden-brown, 2 to 2-1/2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine cherry tomatoes, feta, olives, onion and capers in medium bowl. Add remaining olive oil, lemon juice, parsley and oregano, and toss to coat. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Serve with calamari and enjoy.