Recipe: Calamari Ceviche
Calamari Ceviche is a unique spin on a Latin American dish made from marinated calamari with acidic liquids. This South American cuisine is pronounced "seh-vee-chay" and refers to the name of the food and the method for preparing it.
Countries in South and Central America create their own unique spin to this dish by adding different types of fish or seafood. Our spin on this famous dish is made with calamari in an acidic liquid with ingredients such as chiles, onions, and herbs. Adding calamari will add texture and flavor to balance the dish.
The mild and sweet flavor of calamari will make this dish refreshing and flavorsome that everyone will enjoy. We love to serve this dish as an appetizer with tortilla chips for dipping, but it's perfect for a meal any day of the week.
However you serve it, you will not be disappointed.
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 lb. The Town Dock Calamari Rings and Tentacles
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 large oranges
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp. chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Mix together calamari rings, tentacles, lime juice, and lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
- Chill for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring often.
- Segment and chop 1 orange; juice the other orange.
- Add orange segments and juice, and other remaining ingredients to the calamari and stir gently to combine.
- Serve on a bed of arugula.