Recipe: Grilled Calamari & White Bean Salad
Grilled Calamari & White Bean Salad
- 8 oz. The Town Dock calamari rings and tentacles
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 bunch (or package) of broccolini
- ½ large shallot
- 6 basil leaves
- 1 jar roasted red pepper strips
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add broccolini cook for 45 seconds, remove from water and run under cold water in a strainer for one minute, until cooled. Set aside in a bowl large enough to serve salad.
- Open and drain the cannellini beans, then rinse with cold water in a colander. Add to serving bowl with broccolini.
- Finely dice shallots and add to serving bowl.
- Julienne the basil, making very thin strips from the leaves, and add to serving bowl.
- On a very hot grill, place the calamari directly onto the cooking surface and grill for 2-3 minutes until beginning to char slightly. Remove from grill.
- Add calamari to serving bowl and stir all ingredients well.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the salad for a garnish.